|Title :||Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology
Movement Disorders Neurologist, Notre-Dame Hospital
|Adress :||Roger-Gaudry Pavilion,
2900, Édouard-Montpetit Blvd
P.O. Box 6128, Downtown Station
Montréal, QC, Canada
|Office :||room 433-T|
|Phone :||514-343-6111 #32787|
- MD, Université Laval (2003)
- MSc, Neurobiology; Université Laval (2006)
- FRCPC, Neurology Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2008)
- CSCN diploma, Electroencephalography; Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiologists (2008)
- DABPN, Neurology; American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (2009)
- PhD, Medical Sciences; University of Toronto (2012)
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Movement Disorders; University of Toronto (2012)
Dr Huot’s research interests are in finding treatments for Parkinson’s disease and motor/non-motor complications (dyskinesia, wearing-off and visual hallucinations) associated with chronic dopamine replacement therapy with L-DOPA. Dr Huot also pursues research to uncover the molecular mechanisms underlying each of these manifestations of Parkinson’s disease. Dr Huot also studies the anatomy and function of the basal ganglia in both normal and pathological conditions. The experimental approaches employed include animal models of Parkinson’s disease and molecular biology techniques on post-mortem tissue. Dr Huot’s research is complemented by his practice as a movement disorders neurologist and current research projects at Hôpital Notre-Dame of the CHUM.
Positions are currently opened. Interested candidates should send an email to Dr Huot.
- Huot P, Fox SH. The serotonergic system in motor and non-motor manifestations of Parkinson’s disease. Exp Brain Res 2013; 230: 463-476.
- Johnston TH, Huot P, Fox SH, Koprich JB, Szeliga KT, James JW, Graef JD, Letchworth SR, Jordan KG, Hill MP, Brotchie JM. TC-8831, a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor agonist, reduces L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in the MPTP macaque. Neuropharmacology 2013; 73C: 337-347.
- Koprich JB, Huot P, Fox SH, Jarvie K, Lang AE, Seeman P, Brotchie JM. The effects of fast-off-D2 receptor antagonism on L-DOPA induced dyskinesia and psychosis in parkinsonian macaques. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry; 2013; 43: 151-156.
- Huot P, Johnston TH, Snoeren T, Koprich JB, Hill MP, Fox SH, Brotchie JM. Use of entacapone to minimise dyskinesia induced by dopaminergic therapy in the parkinsonian macaque. Eur J Neurosci; 2013; 37: 831-838.
- Huot P, Johnston TH, Koprich JB, Fox SH, Brotchie JM. The pharmacology of L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson’s disease. Pharmacol Rev 2013; 65: 171-222.
- Huot P, Johnston TH, Koprich JB, Fox SH, Brotchie JM. L-DOPA pharmacokinetics in the MPTP-lesioned macaque model of Parkinson’s disease. Neuropharmacology 2012; 63: 829-836.