|Title :||Accredited member, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine
Assistant Research Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Montreal
Canadian Arthritis Network Investigator
Canadian Scleroderma Research Group Investigator
|Adress :||Osteoarthritis Research Unit
University of Montreal Hospital Research Centre (CRCHUM)
1560 Sherbrooke Street East
Montreal, Quebec H2L 4M1
|Phone :||514 890-8000 ext. 25544|
Arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation, wound/tissue repair, fibrosis, scleroderma, cartilage growth and development, knockout mice, skin, cytokines, PPARgamma, prostaglandins, growth factors, cell/tissue culture, molecular biology.
My research employs multiple approaches including molecular, genetic and pharmacological tools to identify novel therapeutic targets and signalling pathways involved in cartilage growth and development and in the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis (OA) using genetically mice, animal models of OA and human OA specimens.
My other research interests include identification of mediators and signalling pathways involved in pro-inflammatory and pro-fibrotic responses associated with Scleroderma disease using animal models of fibrosis and human diseased and normal specimens.
Laboratory research activities
- Understanding the biology of cartilage/bone growth and development.
- Understanding the pathophysiology of osteoarthritis
- Understanding the pathophysiology of scleroderma disease
- Generation of genetically modified mice to understand the pathophysiology of
Osteoarthritis or Scleroderma disease
Contribution of autophagy/stemness in osteoarthritis and scleroderma disease.
- Dr. Yue Zhang: Postdoctoral Fellow
- Dr. Parisa Ghassemi: MSc candidate
- Faezeh Vasheghani: PhD Candidate
- Gemma Perez: Research Assistant
- Meryem Blati: Research Assistant
- Monemdjou R, Vasheghani F, Fahmi H, Perez G, Blati M, St-Arnaud R, Taniguchi, N, Lotz M, Pelletier J-P, Martel-Pelletier J, Beier F and Kapoor M. Cartilage-specific deletion of PPARγ results in abnormal endochondral ossification and cartilage growth and development. Arthritis and Rheumatism (2011, Epub Ahead of print).
- Kapoor M, Martel-Pelletier J, Lajeunesse D and Fahmi H and. Role of proinflammatory cytokines in the pathophysiology of Osteoarthritis. Nature Reviews Rheumatology, 2011, 7(1):33-42.
- McCann MR, Monemdjou R, Ghassemi-Kakroodi, P, Fahmi H, Perez G, Liu S, Shi-wen X, Parapuram SK, Kojima F, Denton CP, Abraham DJ, Martel-Pelletier J, Crofford LJ, Leask A and Kapoor M. mPGES-1 null mice are resistant to bleomycin-induced skin fibrosis. Arthritis Research and Therapy, 2011 25;13(1):R6.