|Title :||Accredited member|
|Adress :||Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy
Room 3201, Pavilion Jean-Coutu
P.O. Box 6128 – Downtown Station
Montreal (Quebec) H3C 3J7
|Phone :||514 343-6111 #0792|
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry (1985)
- Ph.D. Experimental Medicine – Pharmacology, University Laval (1991)
- Post-doctoral training: Vascular Biology, Dept Pathology, U of WA, Seattle (1991-1994)
- American Course on Drug Development and Regulatory Sciences, U California San Francisco (2009-2011)
Laboratory research activities
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular remodeling
- Balance between cell growth and apoptosis
- Endothelial dysfunction
- Hypertension, angioplasty
- Cardiovascular pharmacology in vivo and in vitro
- Protein biochemistry
- Quantitative histomorphometry
- Arterial angioplasty
- Smooth muscle preparations
- Julie Émilie Huot-Marchand, Ph.D. Student, CIHR Banting & Best studentship awardee.
- Lemay J, Hale TM, deBlois D. Neointimal-specific induction of apoptosis by losartan results in regression of vascular lesion in rat aorta. Eur J Pharmacol 2009;618(1-3):45-51.
- Wang X, Adams LD, Pabon LM, Mahoney WM Jr, Beaudry D, Gunaje J, Geary RL, deBlois D, Schwartz SM. RGS5, RGS4, and RGS2 expression and aortic contractibility are dynamically co-regulated during aortic banding-induced hypertrophy. J Mol Cell Cardiol 2008;44(3):539-550.
- Duguay D, Pesant S, Deschepper CF, deBlois D. Fibroblast apoptosis precedes cardiomyocyte mass reduction during left ventricular remodeling in hypertensive rats treated with amlodipine. J Hypertens 2007;25(6):1291-1299.
- Duguay D, deBlois D. Differential regulation of Akt, caspases and MAP kinases underlies smooth muscle cell apoptosis during aortic remodelling in SHR treated with amlodipine. Br J Pharmacol 2007;151(8):1315-1323.
- Dutil J, Eliopoulos V, Marchand EL, Devlin AM, Tremblay J, Prithiviraj K, Hamet P, Migneault A, deBlois D, Deng AY. A quantitative trait locus for aortic smooth muscle cell number acting independently of blood pressure: implicating the angiotensin receptor AT1B gene as a candidate. Physiol Genomics 2005;21(3):362-369.
- deBlois D, Tea BS, Beaudry D, Hamet P. Regulation of therapeutic apoptosis: a potential target in controlling hypertensive organ damage. Can J Physiol Pharmacol 2005;83(1):29-41.
- Der Sarkissian S, Marchand EL, Duguay D, deBlois D. Synergistic interaction between enalapril, L-arginine and tetrahydrobiopterin in smooth muscle cell apoptosis and aortic remodeling induction in SHR. Br J Pharmacol 2004;142(5):912-918.
- Marchand EL, Der Sarkissian S, Hamet P, deBlois D. Caspase-dependent cell death mediates the early phase of aortic hypertrophy regression in losartan-treated spontaneously hypertensive rats. Circ Res 2003;92(7):777-784.